Thursday, September 07, 2006

We're Ready to Launch

You ever notice how an IVF cycle is a lot like the launch of a space shuttle? You plan, you wait, there's an unanticipated malfunction, you reschedule...then you pray they make it.

Well, everyone, my 6 little embies are ready for their shot into space. I just got the call that all 6 are still around, though the nurse had no report as to their quality. She said I am scheduled to transfer 2 tomorrow at 11:45, and freezing the rest will depend on how they look on Monday. Poor little guys. I hate to leave them behind not knowing if they will ever get a chance of their own. I wish they would have told me how many cells they had, but I guess I'll know that tomorrow.

Thank you all for your support. It means so much. I'm focusing all my positive thoughts into my uterus now, where my little astronauts might find safe haven tomorrow.

9 comments:

NikkiM said...

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooohhhhhhhhh eeeeeeee bayyyybeyyy !!!

We're off to transfer - we have lift off!!

Congratulations. By the time you read this you should be resting, avoiding stairs and lifting anything. I really really really hope the best for you Emmie - U GO GRRL !

GLouise said...

Six is wonderful! Looking forward to hearing more.

Transfer was the easiest part for me. Not unlike an IUI, in my opinion, over with very quickly.

luolin said...

Great news! I hope everything goes very, very well tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you and your astronauts.

Motel Manager said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!

deanna said...

Sending along lots of luck for tomorrow!!! Hope all goes well!

Eggs Akimbo said...

Best wishes. I hope to be reading about a positive cycle!

spark said...

Hope all went well today!!!

Sunny said...

YEAH!!! How did it all go? Fingers crossed!!!