Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Counting My Follies

I had my monitoring this morning, and the report is that I have 6 follicles on each side. They’re still too small to measure, but there are three more total than there were two days ago. Go, ovaries, go! I also have a small cyst on my left side that was not there on Saturday. The RE said there was no need for me to worry about it. Yeah right. Whether there is a need or not, I will worry. But I really liked the RE. She was pretty and very friendly, very different from the REs at the older male-dominated office near my house. I went to a different branch of my center today since there is one close to my office in the city. The RE was accompanied by a young med student who is interning there. She looked about 20 and was beautiful, making me feel very old. I wonder if seeing all of us business women scurrying to have our blood drawn before our 8 a.m. meetings makes her think about starting her own family sooner than later. Not that age has everything to do with it, as we all know!

Anyhow, I’ve been pretty busy at work, which is a good thing. The day goes by much faster when I have a lot to do, and it keeps me from dwelling on things. The baby-picture-pusher friend of mine has been very contrite about unknowingly pushing me towards an emotional breakdown. We’ll see how long she remembers. There is a baby shower at work tomorrow for someone I don’t really talk to, so I hadn’t planned on attending. It seems I will have some meetings scheduled for that time. ;)

5 comments:

Motel Manager said...

12 follicles is great! I hope they keep developing nicely!

Hopeful Mother said...

Sounds like things are progressing well with your follies! YAY!

StellaNova said...

Busy is always good, even when it drives me mad. At least it's better than going mad from too much obsession.

Go ovaries!!!!!

:)

GLouise said...

Grow little follies, grow!

Anonymous said...

When's the next check?