Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone and their significant others are having a great day! One thing is for sure, the love between couples dealing with IF is pretty strong. H and I don't make a big deal about Valentine's Day, but it's still nice and we always enjoy each other's company. Usually H cooks a special meal for us, but today we went out for the first time in many, many years to a restaurant right down the street. It was quiet and nice.

The only sad thing today is that we didn't get to see the babies--our afternoon appointment with the doctor was cancelled due to the weather. I was looking forward to seeing how the babies were doing today. We'll reschedule for sometime next week.

Now that I'm at 25 weeks, I'm getting more and more anxious to make it to that 30 week mark when I'll feel like the babies will have a good chance of surviving if there are any preterm labor issues. I find that my fatigue is back hard core--when I get tired, I practically pass out. Luckily this only seems to happen at home. Just the same, other than going to work I've been unable to do just about anything else. Last weekend we wanted to do dinner and a movie, and I only made it through dinner before feeling that I had to return home and rest. I've had to increase my online shopping since I can only go to one store before I'm exhausted.

My feet and ankles are huge, and I have been getting more and more leg cramps in the middle of the night. I find I can't eat much after 5:00 pm now or else I feel a little sick. The babies have been moving around like crazy, so that's been fun.

Okay, this is a pretty boring post, but there's not much to say. Thanks for listening to my shower rants, those of you who made it through those rambling, moody posts. I feel much better now. I'm sure a lot of it was my hormones acting up. I haven't really been moody or weepy at all this whole pregnancy, so the fact that I was for about a week probably meant that it was a long time coming. I just want to feel like my parents care about my feelings, and sometimes I really don't think they do. Maybe I'm just a big baby, but it seems like nothing is ever about me with them. If my pregnancy can't be about me, what can be? These are my last few weeks of caring this much about my own feelings. Very soon all that will matter are the feelings of my two little boys. I know I will be able to make them feel very loved.

No comments: