Thursday, September 20, 2007

It'll Be Okay

I've spent so many posts complaining lately that I want to acknowledge that I really am starting to feel better emotionally overall. I have many, many more good moments than bad ones with the babies now, and even when things get tough, like when Baby B decides to pee on me while Baby A is screaming to be fed, I take it much more in stride. The babies are really cute, and I'm trying to enjoy this time as much as possible. They've started interacting a tiny bit with each other, which is so fun to watch. I'm happy I get to be their Mom.

Yesterday I tried to get them to nap in their cribs again thinking it might be easier now that their night sleep has improved, and that was just a big old excercise in futility. Not only were we all miserable, they didn't get any decent nap time and last night they awoke quite a few times in the 2:00-4:00 a.m. range. H and I are exhausted today. I love how easy the sleep books make their "programs" sound. I know I have to keep trying though, because soon they'll really be too big to nap in their bouncy chairs. Please keep the nap tips coming...especially you twin moms out there!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi...looks like we are blogging about the same issues right now...as my twin girls sleep in their bouncies right in front of my so I can keep the bouncing going!! Right now, I am just letting them nap wherever they'd like and then putting them in the crib after their evening (9:00) feed so they know it is nighttime and time for a long sleep (ha). Last night they did 1:00 to 4:30...not great but better than it's been at times. I just don't know what to do with them when they both wake up though b/c I have been waiting 'til 6 AM to feed. Might change that though. Another problem I have is getting them to do the eat, play, sleep routine. My girls almost ALWAYS fall asleep right after they eat and then wake up 1-1.5 hours prior to eating. Backword. Oh well. I am going to get one more book and then I'm done with trying. I also will be a working mom so I keep thinking that maybe the daycare will get them into a good routine?!?!? Here's hoping!
Keep your head up...I'm right there with you and we just HAVE to believe that this is the worst and we will get through. I think back to those first few nights at home with them and realize that things have already gotten a little better so that helps. If you ever want to email me, I'm at kea9946@hotmail.com.